The key stages involved in the usual purchase of a property include the following:-
- Take your instructions and send out our terms and conditions documentation
- Receive and advise on contract documents
- Order searches
- Raise enquiries with the sellers solicitors
- Advise you on the contract documentation and search results
- Send contract and transfer to you for signature and agree a dates for exchange and completion.
- Finalise a completion statement
- Arrange for funds to be received both from yourself and any lender
- Complete the purchase
- File a stamp duty land tax return on your behalf and pay the necessary tax.
- Register the property at the Land Registry
- Notify you of completion of the registration process and send the updated title documents to you.
The basic key stages involved in the sale of a property include:-
- Take your instructions and send out our terms and conditions documentation.
- Forward property information forms to you for completion.
- Obtain title documents from the Land registry.
- Prepare the draft contract and issue this to the buyers conveyancer.
- Answer any queries that the buyers conveyancer should raise.
- Agree dates for exchange and completion.
- Send contract and transfer to you for signature.
- Exchange contracts and request final redemption figures from a lender if applicable.
- Complete the sale and redeem any charges registered and pay the estate agent commission if applicable and send any net proceeds of sale to you.
The average process for selling or buying a property takes around 8-10 weeks. It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain and complexity of the matter. A leasehold property may take longer to sell for example due to the involvement of Management Companies/Landlord.