We try hard to provide all our clients with an efficient, courteous and professional service. If at any time during the course of the transaction, you become dissatisfied with the service you are receiving, you should at first instance refer the matter to the solicitor you are working with.

If, however, you feel unable to do so, or, having done so, you remain unhappy, then you should refer the matter to our client care officer, John Potter, who will do everything he reasonably can to address your concerns. We have a procedure in place which details how we handle complaints, available on request. Thereafter, and should your complaint remain unresolved, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.

For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ; helpline number: 0300 555 0333 or refer to their website at www.legalombudsman.org.uk .

You also have a right to object to the bill and apply for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. The Legal Ombudsman may not deal with a complaint about the bill if you have applied to the court for an assessment of the bill.